It’s funny how that when we really tap into what we personally need – the universe keeps delivering more and more of it to us. The tricky part is getting clear on what that is for us. With the overwhelming amount of “try this”, “read this” coming at us at all times, it can be hard to know which things resonate with us directly or it it’s just another thing we add to our ever-growing spiritual/health toolkit that get’s buried after a few weeks of attention. The key is self-awareness - which, I think, is the single best gift we can give to ourselves. And that is, in a nutshell, what Astrology gives us. Our birth charts are our personal blue prints. It shows how we take on life, how we emotionally react to things, how we show and receive love, how we communicate and take in information – and how all of these things can be very different from each other. It also shows what we are good at and what we aren't so good at (and why!).
A lot of what we are conditioned to do is to perfect the things we are not so great at in order to raise up to a certain standard. What we should actually be doing is focusing only on what we are naturally great at and leave the things we suck at to the people who excel in those things. When we focus on being better at the things that aren’t naturally “us”, we are then taken out of the flow that the universe is wanting us to master. Here’s the secret – life should be enjoyable. When we do what we are good at and continue to get better at those things, we gain things like confidence, the ability to help other people, a sense of purpose, etc. And that, my friends, is when the universe will continue to reward us with more and more momentum and joy. So, if you do the work to get to know yourself and become bold enough to live in that truth, the next step is to trust. Trust that more opportunities will show up in many ways for you to continue on the path.
At this moment in my life, I am receiving so many “pings”, opportunities and connections and the more that I trust and react to these things, the more they are showing up. Since almost everything that has helped me has shown up for me through things like blogs, podcasts, articles or specifically recommended to me through others, I do want to provide you guys a list in hopes that it will also help you. But I don’t want you to just take my advice on these recommendations and then fall into the spiritual/self help ADD that I have succumbed to in the past. Instead, listen to your gut when you read about them and see if it resonates with you in this moment – if not, move along! Below is a breakdown of a few people & places (there are so many but these are my FAVES) that have inspired/ helped/ healed/expanded me (this list is always growing!)– do any resonate with something you need right now?
· Lacy Phillips (remote) of To Be Magnetic https://tobemagnetic.com/ - Lacy pairs manifestation with a nice dose of psychology. She teaches that in order to manifest we first have to take a deep look at our subconscious programming. We need to subconsciously believe, through what she calls “expanders” (people that we see ourselves in that currently have what we are trying to manifest) that we can and deserve to have these things. She explains how self worth equates to manifestation and we do that by stepping into our truth. She offers many online courses you can take remotely.
· Jenna Zoe (remote) of https://www.jennazoe.com/ - This is the gal that has inspired me to learn Human Design. She breaks it down in such a modern way. Getting to know my Human Design was a big “ah-ha” moment for me. For the first time, the idea of how I am personally supposed to move through life, clicked. It is a combo of the Hindu chakras, the Chinese iChing, conventional astrology and the kabbalistic Tree of Life. Jenna has remote offerings on her site but you’ll want to first pull up your HD chart at https://www.mybodygraph.com/talking-bodygraph to find out your design.
· Human Garage (Los Angeles) https://www.humangarage.net/ Where do I start? I could cry. For me, my main priority lately has been my physical body. I have done all of the work on mental, spiritual as well as my health routines but my body simply is not responding. I’ve been down the arduous path of being ignored by doctors, paying out of pocket for tests and trying to be my own advocate. I have chronic pain, weight gain, digestive issues, inflammation, and energy issues – the whole shebang. The minute I had my consult at the Human Garage all of my issues were honed in on without me even mentioning them. Then, I was told how they are all connected. It was finally all tied together for me. I was literally told that my body is holding on to past trauma and even though I have healed these things, the body still holds them. (I need a separate post just for this I think – soooo much to type). This place encapsulates everything that I was looking for and it’s all under one roof. My mom is a physical therapist and I have always needed a lot of work on my body – hello, getting run over by a car as well as many other injuries like chronic TMJ from a softball to the jaw. So, even though I am into all things Eastern medicine – I do really see the need for the Western/scientific approach to injuries and I like how the Human Garage still used these scientific approaches. Then there’s my love for spiritual and energy healing like reiki, acupuncture, craniosacral, fascia work, etc. They do this too. Nutritionists, lab tests and supplement protocols tailored to you? Check, check! Add in some “woo-woo” vibes of channeling while getting adjusted and you have the Human Garage. This is one of those places where you will be spending a wild amount of money at – the type of money that for me was a huge investment. But what better thing to invest in then your health?
· Sat Nam Yoga (Chicago) https://www.satnamyogachicago.com/ - this isn’t your average vynassa yoga studio, so be prepared for a much more “woo-woo” vibe. I found Sat Nam when I was first dabbling in the spiritual world. My favorite thing they offer is the 1st Friday Healing Circle. On the 1st Friday of each month, starting at 6pm, they have a room full of healers with different modalities that you can have quick 15min sessions with. What I love about this is the ability to feel out who resonates with you. Your friend’s favorite Reiki healer could be off-putting to you… and you wouldn’t know it until you’re already lying awkwardly on a table, vulnerable and forking out a lot of money. I have found amazing people that I have booked sessions with from here. It’s $15 to get in and then you tip the healers for your mini sessions throughout the night. Make sure you get there early because they use a sign-up sheet method and they tend to fill up quickly! I also love their new & full moon Kundalini ceremonies… bc, moons. Although, this may be a bit woo-woo for the spiritual dabblers.
· The Ruby Room (Chicago) https://www.rubyroom.com/ This space has the best vibes. Even if you don’t check them out for a treatment, check out there shop if you can bc it’s adorbs. I have been here for a BioMat session. Okay, also, TMI… but I have done colonics twice here. They are not fun. But this space is wonderful and the practitioners make you comfortable… as comfortable as one can be with a tube up the pooper. I am currently working through some digestive issues and toxicity issues and while colon hydrotherapy has a lot of mixed opinions, it has helped me. I’ve only gone 2x in 4years… bc it’s not my ideal, enjoyable version of self care - but if you have ever considered it, I recommend trying this place out. I mean, or you could like get a massage here instead? Ha J
· Cindy of Revealing Soul (Chicago + remote) https://www.revealingsoul.com/ - Cindy takes and interprets the ever instagramable aura photos. You can book sessions with her or catch her at one of the many pop-ups that she has going on at the moment. Cindy also channels and is a medium. Her skills are mind blowing and she is also so sweet, fun and approachable. Hey, if I am going to talk to dead people, I definitely want it to be with someone I feel like myself around and that speaks to my vibes. I’ve done Cindy’s chart for her and I can vouch – gal has the gift!
· Rachel of Totem (Chicago) https://www.totemreadings.com/ - Rachel is hilarious AF. I have seen her for Tarot and have been to her Shamanic Journey sessions. I met my spirit animal, ya’ll. It’s an elk btw. She is sassy but also very mystical – the shamanic journeys may be a bit “out there” for spiritual dabblers.
· Sean Reeves Gary (Chicago) myofascial massage/release - Sean is so lovely and calming and you can tell he really cares about what he does. You can find him through https://www.satnamyogachicago.com/healers. While a myofascial massage feels super light and not like a typical massage, I have found more tension release from them. Fascia is the thin connective tissue that surrounds our muscles and connects all of our bodies’ tissues. We hold a lot of trauma and stress here so prepare for a spiritual/emotional release! If you are having a lot of physical pain – start here. The mind body connection is real, y’all.
· Nico (remote) of http://www.integrativemysticism.com/ - Nico is a Tarot wizard. He also has a combo reading of astrology & tarot. He’s blunt, sweet, and smart as heck. I found him on YouTube and love to watch his weekly readings for each sign (remember to always watch for your RISING sign!). He is in Seattle so he does Skype readings. I have made all of my friends and family book readings with him. I am a pusher sometimes, ha!
· John Wineland (remote) https://www.johnwineland.com/ - John’s teachings about intimacy and the masculine/feminine are so enlightening. Just find podcasts he’s been featured on and prepared to be like “Oh shit, YES! This makes sense!”
· Kosmic Konnection (remote) Palm readings https://www.kosmickonnection.com/- Kat Anders and her son, Anthony. I like how they tie the body/health into readings, specifically the spine. Kat has Masters in Health Education and she found the correlation of the spine in the palm. I have a lot of injuries so this was particularly fascinating to me. You can get cheap palm readings on the street pretty much in any city and yes those are fun… but usually are done by people who take advantage money wise and have a dark vibe – “will clear your aura for $50 more dollars”, etc. If you can see a great and trusty palm reader in person that would be best but as far as remote/digital offerings – this is the best I have found!
Apps that I love:
· For Astrology :
1. Time Passages (free) – I use this everyday
2. Co-Star (free) - this has too much wording for me as an Astrologer but great for the astro-curious
3. Future Life ($10/mo)– The Leo King’s app. This one costs a pretty penny but he is a fabulous Astrologer who I definitely recommend. He puts out a video EVERY DAY about the energy and transits of the day.
· Other :
1. Tarot&Numerology by Phuture Me Ltd. (free) – Numerology & Tarot for the year/week/day and you can skip around to certain dates.
2. Ovia (free) to track your lady cycles for insights into hormone health. Yes this is an app for those trying to get preggo, but I have found it very insightful at tracking my health.
3. Headspace for Meditation (free) – I think we all know about this one
Books that I love:
Can y’all tell by my podcast that I don’t read many books to completion, or at all? Lol. Pretty much anything I read is about metaphysics, or practices I am learning – not so much for entertainment. A few books that do stick out to me that I have actually completed and also feel shifted me, rather then repeated things back that I have already heard, are:
· Spirit Babies – yep, this is the title. Haha. Basically it’s about how before we have babies, their spirits pick us and hang around in our auras until we are ready. Great for anyone who has experienced miscarriages, abortions, trouble getting pregnant, questions about adoption - or if you are like me and are simply curious about how we choose the life we are born into.
· Untethered Soul – the book that happened to click for me about how we are not our thoughts, we are the observer of our thoughts and we can separate the two. There are many out there with similar messages but this was my “soulmate” book.
· Wired for Love – wow. I found out that I am an “Island”, y’all. Read this book if you are curious about your relationship patterns. Couples should read this together and singles should read this to better prepare for a future relationship - IMO.
· Medical Medium’s books – are y’all celery juicin’??
Documentaries / shows that I love:
· HEAL (Netflix)
· Explained: Astrology episode (Netflix)
· Super Soul Sunday – I LIVE for this show, ugh. (OWN)
· Kumare - thanks for the rec, Elisabeth! (Amazon Prime)
· I Am Not Your Guru, Tony Robins (Netflix)
I hope some of these recommendations help you on your spiritual journey! Please share with me about any cool people/places I should know about, too!